Wednesday, June 4, 2008

It's been a crazy week preparing for our departure. There are so many small details to take care of before we leave. I've been running around all morning taking care of last minute packing, unpacking, repacking, and double checking. I had so many "to do" lists, but I finally consolidated them into one manageable list. All week, I've found myself stopping several times mid-task to take a breath and to get my bearings. It's difficult for me to wrap my brain around the fact that we are actually leaving from Kent today. We'll stop overnight in Philadelphia and complete our journey south to Virginia on Thursday. Friday will be our first day of riding - a manageable warm-up of 60 miles.
I have to admit that I feel like a kid on Christmas Eve. I've slept maybe 3-4 hours each night all week in anticipation for the bike ride. I've only been to Virginia one time, for a 3 day hockey camp, needless to say I did not see much of the state. Unlike my fellow riders, I've never been west of Virginia to any of the states we will be biking through. I've spent much time thinking about the sights I'll see, the people I'll meet, but ultimately I am most concerned about reaching our goal to help the children of the Living Waters Children Center.
I hope to update my blog as often as humanly possible, but access to a computer is not always a given. I've got to go finish organizing my apartment before I leave. To my mom, YES, I will be safe (as always).

No comments: